Tuesday, May 8, 2012

4,5,6,7...

Last weekend started in an interesting way. Cameron really has the great ability to keep me guessing and on my toes-which I love because it keeps life interesting. So last Thursday Cameron text me while I was at work and told me that tomorrow(Friday-4) was a big day and that we needed to bake a cake, and not just any cake but a round one. So I was totally lost. I had no idea what the occasion was. So I agreed to him making a cake and went with it. When I got home I asked him what the special day was and he told me that I would either have to figure it out or wait until the cake was done on Friday to know. So I racked my brain overnight. In the morning I still had no idea what the day was besides it being May 4th. So I googled the date and to my surprise the last thing that popped up was "May the 4th be with you." It was Star Wars day. So Cameron celebrated by baking a cake and decorating the cake to look the death star. It was a fun and interesting day to say the least. Besides Cake and Star Wars, I took Cameron to Training Table for the first time and then Cameron took us to see This Means War. It was a great "Star Wars Day."
The 5th was an awesome Saturday!! Cameron took me to breakfast at Kneaders! I am in love with that place and their food. They have awesome french toast for breakfast. So we enjoyed breakfast together. Then after breakfast, Amberly and Nicki picked me up for a fun girls day in Park City! We had a ton of fun. We ate lunch at Vinto and then walked Main Street, went to the outlet mall and then finished up the day by getting pedicures! It was way fun! Then we met up with our husbands for dinner at Wingers!
The end of the week went well with a family party to celebrate Marilyn and my aunt Diana's birthday! We had great food and had a lot of fun. I wish that my Monday had been that good though... Monday started out a bit strange. My neighbor decided to bake a ham for breakfast and then went outside to do work around the apt complex (he is the maintenance guy) and forgot about his breakfast. In the meantime I am starting to smell something burning. However, my windows were open and I didnt think too much of it. So as time goes on the smell gets worse and worse. So I started to panic and wonder if something in my apt was burning or on fire. I checked and found nothing. So as I was leaving for work, I locked the front door and started down the hallway to my car and found smokey hallways. Luckily he had found the ham, but not before it had caught on fire and made the whole apt building stink including my apt! Our apt smells terrible! Cameron and I opened all the windows, and had all the fans on and still the smell sticks. So we spent the night last night with the Fabreez trying to get the smell to go away. I had to do a large load of laundry for some of our clothes and our sheets that smelled badly like smoke. Needless to say it was a really interesting Monday. I am really crossing my fingers that the rest of the week goes better!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really yucky!! Sorry your apartment smells like smoke!!! I hate that smell! Good luck getting it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised in the least that Cameron would bake a Star Wars cake on the 4th...:)

    ReplyDelete